Victor practices business law, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions of businesses and complex land use issues. Victor’s leadership, knowledge and experience have helped Sullivan Mahoney LLP become one of the pre-eminent law firms in the Niagara region.
Victor joined Sullivan Mahoney LLP in 1967, immediately after his call to the bar. At the time, he practiced corporate commercial law, commercial litigation and land use law. Victor eventually refined his practice to focus primarily on commercial transactions involving the purchase and sale of business enterprises, including advising individuals and companies on large-scale real property developments. In addition, he worked both as a lawyer and business advisor in the wine industry from the early days of its evolution. Victor has held positions on the boards of directors of some of Canada’s largest and most prominent wineries, including a term as Chairman of Inniskillin Wines Executive Committee.
He has served on the board of several not-for-profit organizations and charitable foundations such as Niagara Community Foundation and Leonard B. Herzog Foundation (both as director and president), as a member of the Diocesan Finance Council of the Diocese of St. Catharines, and as a governor of the Shaw Festival Theatre. Victor was made a Queen’s Counsel in 1978.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar — 1967
- Queen’s Counsel — 1978
- LL.B, University of Western Ontario — 1965
- Member — Law Society of Ontario
- Member — Canadian Bar Association
- Member — Lincoln County Law Association
- Former Member — Board of Directors of the Shaw Festival Theatre
- Former President and Member of the Board of Directors of the St. Catharines Club
- Former President and Member of the Board of Directors of the Leonard B. Herzog Foundation
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Niagara Community Foundation
- Former Member of the Board of Carousel Players
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the St. Catharines Promotional Task Force
- Member – Board of Directors of Canadian Henley Rowing Corporation
- Member — Diocesan Finance Council for the Diocese of St. Catharines
In addition to English, Victor Muratori is fluent in Italian.